Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best Thing Ever

...well at least for this week! My Mom had purchased two of these for Owen last winter while travelling down south and I finally used it for the first time last night.


Owen has been teething for a while now but yesterday it seemed to get a bit more intense for him. We had been giving him a frozen washcloth to chew on, which he was really diggin, but then I remembered that I had these stored away. I popped a piece of frozen honeydew melon a bit smaller than the size of my thumb in the sock and gave it to him, within seconds he had it in his mouth and was happily chewing away.



Within 15 minutes or so, six minutes he had pulverized the melon and eaten it all. I think next I will try some frozen peas, bananas and even avocado, a great way to sooth sore gums and introduce solid foods all at the same time. I wasn't planning to introduce solids so soon but it worked so well at comforting him I will continue to do so. Unfortunately it was in the evening and too dark for any pictures but will be sure to get some action shots soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment